Natural Childbirth Class - What is It?
About the Workshop
This informative and empowering workshop will equip you with the information and tools needed for you to have the best opportunity to achieve a natural gentle birth.
It teaches you how to remain in control as best you can and have the opportunity to avoid as many interventions as possible.
You will have a better insight of what to expect when in labour and how to remain calm and relaxed throughout.
Different breathing & relaxation techniques are taught and demonstrated and a comprehensive booklet is provided.
What's Covered in the natural childbirth class?
- Preparing for birth – how to physically & mentally prepare for birth in the lead up to the big day
- Birth Preferences are discussed
- How to reduce your chances of having induction of labour
- Stages of labour and how to recognise the signs of established labour
- Pain relief options and the pros & cons of each
- How to help yourself in labour and the various positions that may be adopted for each stage
- Uses of natural methods of pain relief such as massage, acupressure, homeopathy and reflexology and more shown & explained
- Interventions – reasons for having them and how best to avoid them
- What birthing partners can do to help
- The first few hours after the birth
Who can Attend the natural childbirth class ?
This workshop is suited to parents-to-be who are between 20 – 36 weeks. Birthing partners are welcome to attend free of charge.
Where are the Classes Held?
Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, Porterstown Road, Castleknock, D15
How Much Do they Cost?
- The Natural Birth Preparation Class costs € which includes refreshments & free goody bag
- Partners may attend for free
- Refreshments and goody bags are available for each session
When is the next Workshop?