The Happy Baby Workshop
Baby Reflexology for Babies and Toddlers is a valuable tool to assist parents manage symptoms of various newborn ailments such as colic, reflux, constipation, ear aches, blocked sinuses & teething. It’s also a great way to soothe, calm, relax & aid your baby’s sleep pattern.
It compliments baby massage and can be done anytime anywhere. Reflexology can be given safely with medication
Learn how to use a sling or a wrap to safely carry your baby.
Baby yoga - what are the benefits?
Physiological / Developmental benefits of baby yoga
- All the babies bodily systems are stimulated including the digestive and nervous systems
- Babies tend to be more contented between feeds
- Parents are taught poses to help alleviate wind and colic
- Tactile stimulation has been shown to contribute to the development of the brain and the nervous system
- Baby yoga promotes better sleep patterns
Psychological benefits of baby yoga of baby yoga
- Baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other better and active interaction with parents is the foundation for future positive social relations in the early years and beyond
- Joint relaxation is mutually beneficial for parents and babies
What should I Expect at Each Class of baby yoga?
- Each class starts with a short relaxation to centre the mind where we focus on our breathing.
- This is followed by some gentle warm ups for both Mum & Baby.
- We then move onto the poses -mostly for the Baby which can be done in seated, standing and lying positions.
- The class ends with a lovely relaxation session where the Mum and Baby relax together in harmony.
- Each class fun packed and accompanied by lots of movement and singing throughout – and everyone is encouraged to join in!
Infant First Aid
Learn how to practice infant first aid.
How is the Workshop Structured?
- 4 week course costs €100
- Spread over 4 consecutive weeks covering a different theme each week – sleeping, digestion, teething and well-being
- Each class lasts about an hour
- Light refreshments provided at each one
- Notes and charts all included to practice at home
- You will need to bring your yoga mat and a couple of blankets for baby
When is it suitable to start the course?
Ideally baby should be around 4 weeks old
When and Where is the Next Course?
Next course TBC