- Breastfeeding your baby has multiple benefits for both you and your baby, most of which last a lifetime..
- A consultation will assist you establish breastfeeding your newborn and give you the information needed to get you off to the best possible start. Breastfeeding is a learned skill that can have various challenges attached to it – especially in the early days. Knowing what to expect have having the knowledge and skill to deal with potential challenges can be a life saver!
Home Based Breastfeeding Advice and Support
- One hour breastfeeding consultations take place in your home if you live in west Dublin, or via Zoom, and an assessment of your breastfeeding technique, infant latch and suck ability is carried out. A consultation also includes;
- Identifying root problems and devising a plan of action to overcome them
- Assessment for tongue tie
- Follow up care if needed is arranged
- Demonstration of various breastfeeding positions
- Pre & post breastfeeding weight assessment for home visits
- A comprehensive breastfeeding booklet is provided for home assessments
- One visit is generally enough and a follow up phone call may be arranged