About Prenatal Yoga
"All You Need to Know about Prenatal Yoga Before You Come Along..."
What are the Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga?
- In prenatal yoga you will learn different breathing and relaxation techniques that will equip you to relax in pregnancy and labour
- You will practice poses and gentle exercises that help to reduce and relieve aches & pains associated with advancing pregnancy
- Gentle stretches and poses will help you to gain stamina and strength and regular practice will improve muscle tone – especially the pelvic floor muscles
- It’s a great way to maintain fitness levels in pregnancy
- Prenatal yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, posture and alignment
- Yoga is a fantastic tool to build and enhance your energy levels
- Prenatal yoga classes give you the opportunity to take time out for yourself to deeply relax and connect with baby
What Should I Wear to Pregnancy Yoga Class
Wear comfy clothing such as a track suit and t-shirt
Where are Classes held?
- Online Prenatal Yoga Classes run every Wednesday from 8-9pm.
- Classes will resume in both Castleknock & Lucan venues post COVID restrictions.
When Should I Start the Classes?
Online Prenatal Yoga Classes are suitable from 14 weeks pregnancy through to birth
What Should I Expect During a Pregnancy Yoga Class?
- Each class starts with a short relaxation session to centre the mind after a busy day, where we focus on relaxing and breathing
- This is followed by some gentle warm ups and then the poses – done in seated, on all fours, standing, and lying down positions
- All poses are done with the breath and focus on gently stretching and strengthening the body
- Every class is completed with a wonderful relaxation session which is very often the favourite part of the class for most mums-to-be!
What Should I Bring to the Class?
- Just yourself and a mat..! You may need to bring your own water too.
- COVID Form and Booking Form.
How Much do the Classes Cost?
- Online Prenatal Yoga classes cost €35 for a block of 4 classes which run consecutively .
- Drop-in class €10
- Unused classes are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Is Previous Yoga Experience Required?
- No, pregnancy yoga is tailored to suit pregnant women during all stages of pregnancy