About Prenatal Yoga
"All You Need to Know about Prenatal Yoga Before You Come Along..."
What are the Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga?
- In prenatal yoga you will learn different breathing and relaxation techniques that will equip you to relax in pregnancy and labour
- You will practice poses and gentle exercises that help to reduce and relieve aches & pains associated with advancing pregnancy
- Gentle stretches and poses will help you to gain stamina and strength and regular practice will improve muscle tone – especially the pelvic floor muscles
- It’s a great way to maintain fitness levels in pregnancy
- Prenatal yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, posture and alignment
- Yoga is a fantastic tool to build and enhance your energy levels
- Prenatal yoga classes give you the opportunity to take time out for yourself to deeply relax and connect with baby
What Should I Wear to Pregnancy Yoga Class
Wear comfy clothing such as a track suit and t-shirt
Where are Classes held?
Prenatal Yoga Classes run every
- Tuesdays from 7-8pm in Luttrellstown Community Centre D15 – please contact Aileen to express your interest in attending this class.
- Wednesday from 8.15-9.15pm in Castleknock Community Centre Laurel Lodge, D15
- Thursdays from 7.30-8.30pm in Ballyowen Castle CC, Lucan – please contact Aileen to express your interest in attending this class.
When Should I Start the Classes?
Prenatal Yoga Classes are suitable from 14 weeks pregnancy through to birth
Is Previous Yoga Experience Required?
- No, pregnancy yoga is tailored to suit pregnant women during all stages of pregnancy
What Should I Expect During a Pregnancy Yoga Class?
- Each class starts with a short relaxation session to centre the mind after a busy day, where we focus on relaxing and breathing
- This is followed by some gentle warm ups and then the poses – done in seated, on all fours, standing, and lying down positions
- All poses are done with the breath and focus on gently stretching and strengthening the body
- Every class is completed with a wonderful relaxation session which is very often the favourite part of the class for most mums-to-be!
What Should I Bring to the Class?
- Just yourself and a mat..! You may need to bring your own water too.
How Much do the Classes Cost?
- Classes cost €80 for a block of 8 classes which can be used over 10 weeks
- Drop-in class €12
- Unused classes are non-transferrable and non-refundable and may be redeemed by your health insurers depending on your policy. Please contact your Health Insurer to clarify refund possibilities prior to booking classes as only one receipt will be issued.
- There will be no classes on either on Wed 3rd May, or 16th August 2023. Also, there will be no classes during the month of December.
- Classes that are sold out will not appear on the home page and you may need to register your interest with Aileen in order to be added to the waiting list