what are the Benefits of mum and baby yoga for Mum?
- Mum and Baby Yoga Classes have been designed for newly delivered Mums who are interested in a relaxed postnatal yoga class where they can bring their baby along too.
- Classes help Mums to gently get back to their pre-pregnant shape, have a good stretch and take some time out with your new baby.
- Other benefits include;
- A great way improve posture and alignment
- Regular practice will increase levels of fitness
- Poses to strengthen and tone core, back and pelvic floor muscles are incorporated into all classes
- It provides relief of lower back, shoulder, neck and hip tension
- Rebuilding core strength is incorporated in every class
- You get the chance to engage with your baby and spend some quality one-to-one time with your baby
- It’s a great opportunity to get out and about and meet other new Mums
Do I need to have done Yoga/Pilates before?
No previous yoga experience is necessary
What Should I wear & bring to the Class?
You will need to bring your yoga mat, wear comfortable clothing and some toys and a blanket for baby
Who is the Class Suited to?
Postnatal yoga classes are ideal from 6 weeks after a natural birth or 10 weeks after a caesarean section
What should i Expect in Each Mum and baby yoga Class?
- Each class begins with a short centring session to relax your body and mind after a busy morning and night!
- Poses are done seated, on all fours, standing, and in lying positions
- Stretches and exercises incorporate breath work and the class ends with a lovely relaxation session for both you and your baby
- Babies learn to relax with you and most tend to settle and sleep well afterwards
Where are the Classes Held?
- In Ballyowen Castle Community Centre, Lucan
How Much Do Classes Cost?
- Block of 6 classes cost €75
When is the Next Block?
- Next block TBC